Accommodation on Anglesey
Anglesey Walking Holidays will plan a tailor-made holiday that suits YOU. Our prices, (on application after filling our enquiry form), are based on two people sharing a twin or double room. Single room supplements will be incurred depending on accommodation. For those walking solo there is an extra daily charge.
Full itineraries include pre-booked accommodations in carefully selected establishments, usually in B&B and Guest Houses, but also in small hotels and inns. En suite rooms are a priority (with private bathroom/shower). If you require something different, or more luxurious, we are happy to upgrade and adapt the price accordingly.
Meals on the walk
A full Welsh breakfast or continental breakfast is included in the price. Evening meals, packed lunches and other extras are not included in the price. Some establishments offer in-house evening meals. Otherwise, a list of nearby hotels, restaurants and bars will be supplied. To remove any stress (for an extra charge), we can pre-book packed lunches and evening meals, but these will be paid for by the customer daily.
All luggage transfers will be taken care of by Anglesey Walking Holidays themselves. When you arrive at a new destination, your luggage will be waiting for you. Due to our luggage transfers, you will only need to carry a light daypack on your daily walks.
Minimum two night stay
In some areas, you will be staying in the same accommodation for a minimum of two nights. This is due to minimum stay regulations, or the general lack of accommodations in that particular area. If this is the case, we pick up at the end of the walk and transfer you back to the previous night’s accommodation. This is also the case if the accommodation is far from the path.
Anglesey Walking Holidays’ Information Pack
- Returnable OS maps.
- Daily itinerary with local information.
- Directions to accommodation.
- Recommendations on places to stop for a drink, lunch or evening meal during the day.
- Information on what to do and who to contact in an emergency.
You don’t need a car
After your initial arrival you won’t need a vehicle as we do all the people transfers when needed.
NOT included in the price
Packed lunches are not included (but can be pre-arranged through us – Extra Charge – Contact us). Alternatively, village shops/garages can be found in all locations. Evening meals, entrance fees to castles, museums, boat trips, sea zoo, farms etc. are not included. [Neither are transfers to/from Anglesey <Arrival to your first and Departure from your last accommodation>]. Contact us if you need any assistance.
What to bring
Walking boots, gaiters and socks. Daysack for carrying lunches and drinks. Waterproof jacket and trousers. Warm hat. Sunhat/cream, first aid kit. Plasters in case of blisters. Walking sticks recommended on some walks as well as binoculars and camera to see the stunning landscapes, fauna and wildlife.
- All self-guided. You don’t have to keep up with a guide or other walkers. Stop when you want, walk at your own pace.
- No deadline to finish the walk by a certain time.
- Tailor made itinerary available.
- No cars or driving involved.
- Everything is pre-arranged, so you have no worries. Just lace up your boots and enjoy.
- Experience totally new areas of the island as a great part of the coast cannot be accessed only by boat or on foot!
HOW TO GET TO ANGLESEY
- By car – from the M6, join the A55 dual carriageway, which brings you over the Britannia Bridge to Anglesey.
- Buses and coaches to Bangor, Gwynedd.
- Rail – to Bangor, Gwynedd or Holyhead, Anglesey.
- Ferry – from Dublin to Holyhead, Anglesey.
- By air – from Manchester or Liverpool. Pick up can be arranged. Additional fees.